Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Tales From the Golden Age Ep 006 Hawkman in "Sacrifice for Yum-Chac"

Welcome to the 6th Episode of Tales from the Golden Age, as always, I am your host Kyle Benning, here to spotlight another forgotten comic gem from the Golden Age of Comics. This time out, I tackle the first story featured in 1940's All-Star Comics #2, starring Hawkman, courtesy of All-Star Comics Archive Volume 0. This 8 page Hawkman tale is written by Gardner Fox with art by Sheldon Moldoff. His appearance here takes place between his adventures in Flash Comics #10 & 11.
As always, you can subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, or download the episode directly here: Tales From the Golden Age Ep 006 Hawkman in "Sacrifice for Yum-Chac"
Next Wednesday in the 7th episode of Tales from the Golden Age, I'll continue my look at All-Star Comics #2 with the Green Lantern feature from the anthology book.

As I mentioned during the episode, there is a fantastic Hawkman blog run by Luke Jaconetti, be sure to go check that out for more information on Hawkman by going here: Being Carter Hall - A Hawkman Blog
Thank you very much for listening. Feedback for the podcast can be left at the blog kingsizecomicsgiantsizefun.blogspot.com, by emailing me directly at kylebenning41@yahoo.com, by leaving an iTunes review, sending me a tweet at the Twitter handle @KyleBenning_Art, or by visiting the King-Size Comics Giant-Size Fun Facebook Page

This podcast is made for entertainment purposes only. All songs, sound clips, and characters discussed are copyright of their respective copyright holders, and no infringement is intended, so please don’t sue me.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed listening to this episode! I've been watching the Flash TV show and recently both Hawkman and Hawkgirl have been on the show and that got me interested in this character. Your podcast did a great job highlighting the character. I always enjoy and learn form your podcasts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed listening to this episode! I've been watching the Flash TV show and recently both Hawkman and Hawkgirl have been on the show and that got me interested in this character. Your podcast did a great job highlighting the character. I always enjoy and learn form your podcasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff I appreciate it! I'm a couple episodes behind on Flash, but I've really been enjoying the world & character building they've been doing on the episodes I've seen so far this season. I'm really looking forward to their take on Hawkman and Hawkgirl, and I'm hoping that we'll start to see some of these characters that have been introduced on Flash & Arrow perculate over onto the Supergirl TV show. Man that'd be great!

      Thanks for listening and the kind words! I'm looking forward to hearing you on the most recent episode of the ShazamCast! I'm hoping to listen to that episode later tonight!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete